What will happen at my first appointment?
- When you arrive, you will be given a health questionnaire to complete, setting out your general fitness, lifestyle and any current or past medical conditions or injuries which might affect your massage treatment. We will discuss your reasons for visiting and any concerns or areas you would like me to focus on. This consultation will last around 15 mins followed by one hour of massage.
What should I wear during my massage?
- Following the consultation, I will leave the consultation room while you get ready. You should undress down to pants so I can have access to the whole back, then hop onto the massage table in a face-down position, covering yourself with the fleece blanket provided for you. I will knock after a few minutes to make sure you are ready before coming back into the room.
Do I need to do any thing to prepare before my massage?
- For your own comfort, please remove all make-up and jewellery.
What does a full body massage involve?
- Raynor Massage is a full body treatment (excluding breast and genital areas) with a particular focus on the head, hands, feet and stomach. You will be covered with blankets during your treatment and I will uncover only the area that I am working on. I may also work through the blankets.
Is this a painful treatment?
- Deep tissue therapeutic massage is not a beauty treatment. It is a massage to remove deep rooted tension in your body, so you are likely to feel some level of discomfort as these areas are identified and worked through. This discomfort should reduce after your first treatment. Prior to the massage we will discuss how much pressure you would like applied on a scale of 1 to 10, number 7 being the optimum pressure for an effective deep tissue massage. I will check in during your massage to make sure you are comfortable. The results of how you feel after your massage should speak for themselves.
How will I feel during the treatment?
- As tension is released and your energy starts to flow freely around your body, you may feel tingling or strong sensations in the stomach, legs or hands. This is a positive reaction as it shows that the massage is working. The muscles and fascia of our body hold our emotional tension, our own personal stories and those passed down from previous generations that we are not even aware of. During a Raynor Massage it is very normal for people to feel this emotional release in the form of crying, anger, laughing and giggling. However you react, this is absolutely fine and part of the healing process, so just go for it!
How will I feel after the treatment?
- Everyone reacts in a different way to release of tension. Deep tissue massage stimulates your entire body and releases toxins that have been held in your muscles. For some this is a very positive reaction. They will feel full of energy, light and buzzy. Others will feel very relaxed and want to sleep. Occasionally you may feel physically unwell for a few days after your massage as a result of the tension and toxin release. Again this is very normal and a good sign that your process of tension release has begun.
Do I need to do anything after my treatment?
- You may feel a little sore on the day after your massage but this is normal and will pass shortly. Any muscle soreness is a very good sign that the massage has released tension in your body and you should feel the very positive affects of the treatment in your body. You should stay well hydrated after your massage and avoid caffeine and other toxins at least on the day of your treatment.
How often should I have a Raynor Massage?
- The first treatment will identify the root of your tension. Subsequent regular treatments should be able to remove muscle tension completely. However, it is usual in most people that their lifestyle is causing or contributing to their tension. If your lifestyle can’t be adapted and, in this modern world, it is not easy to remove all stress from our lives, then a regular twice monthly or monthly Raynor Massage will help to manage the tension and help prevent more serious issues arising in the long-term.
I am a bit nervous, can I bring a friend?
- You are very welcome to bring a friend with you. There is a chair in the room for them to wait, however, I would ask that you don’t chat with each other during your treatment so we can focus on your treatment.
Is there a cancellation policy?
- Cancellation within 24 hours incurs a 50% charge as I am unlikely to be able to fill your space at such short notice.
Can I have a deep tissue massage whist pregnant?
- This treatment is not suitable for pregnant women. There are several acupressure points on the body that stimulate the uterus so it is important that you only receive a pregnancy massage with a certified prenatal massage therapist.
To book your massage please contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The day she let go of the things that were weighing her down, was the day she began to shine the brightest.” —Katrina Mayer