PRESCHOOL YOGA STARTS ON THURSDAY 30 JANUARY 2020
Spaces are limited so please do book in advance to secure your spot.
- SPRING TERM 1 / DROP IN TASTER CLASSES / January 30th, February 6th and 13th – £8.50 (1 adult and 1 child), £5 extra child
- SPRING TERM 2 / 5 WEEK COURSE / February 27th, March 5th, 12th, 20th and 26th – £34 per term *Limited Drop in / 1 free class if you book the course*
- Where / The Community Room @West Norwood Library and Picturehouse
- When / Thursdays from 10am to 11am / Term-time only
- Price / £8.50 drop in for parent and child between 2 and 4 years, younger siblings are free. Extra participating child £5 (space for 3 extra children) / Book a course and get ONE FREE CLASS (1 parent/1 child).
- Includes / Yoga, music, games, stories, meditation plus tea, coffee, biscuits for grown-ups.
- Booking / Spaces are limited so advance booking is essential.
- What to bring / Please dress your child in soft, comfy clothing. You can bring a favourite cuddly toy and a blanket for relaxation (both optional). There will be soft toys to be shared out but your child may prefer their own. You may wish to bring healthy snacks for your child.
It is never to early to start a yoga practice and children benefit so much. Yoga helps with:
- Balance and coordination
- Understanding and following instruction
- Focus and concentration
- Physical and core strength
- Calming techniques
The yoga class format is very simple and every week we will keep to the same structure, adding new elements as the children grow in confidence. Kids being kids there is always room for spontaneity, however, with such young children, having familiar patterns is key to learning new skills, so we will use the following as a blueprint:
10 am to 10.25am
- Fun breathing exercises
- Singing and warm up
- Creative Yoga poses
10.25 to 10.35am – BREAK
10.35am to 11am
- Partner Poses, games and/or story
- Relaxation with props, visual meditation and music
- 5 mins to help tidy up
There are sensory elements to keep it interesting including props, bubbles, music, partner yoga and group hugs! Sara will also introduce some Makaton signs to the children.
We will take a 5 to 10 minute break halfway through the class for any snacks or drinks you would like to bring with you and a chance for the children (and their grown-ups!) to visit the loo.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Sara Smyth is the “Mama” of Mama Love Yoga London and has made 3 of her own humans. As a qualified adult and children’s yoga teacher, Sara started teaching yoga to her little girls when they were babies and also runs a weekly class for preschoolers at a local nursery. She has a relaxed approach and her main aim is for the children to be happy and have fun, so there is lots of interaction, music, props and games.
All adults are invited to join in or to relax and watch with a cup of tea! There is a super cafe in the Picture House and we will provide hot drinks and biscuits for the grown-ups.
HOW TO BOOK
Class spaces are limited so please do book in advance to be sure of your spot.