CLASSES ONLINE FOR THE DURATION OF THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS.
I will pre-record a class every week and send it to everyone book in. Simply book in as usual and I will send you the link by Friday morning to view the class by email. It will be viewable for 7 days. I have reduced the online class to £5 per family for the duration.
Thanks so much for your support,
CLASS DETAILS – to resume asap!
- Where / The Community Room @West Norwood Library and Picturehouse
- When / Thursdays from 10am to 11am / Term-time only
- Price / £8.50 drop in for parent and child between 2 and 5 years. Extra drop in participating child £5 (space for 2 extra children)
- Extra child under 2 / Non-participating extra children under 2 are free. If your younger child would like to take part them please book them in as a £5 drop in. There is limited space for extra children so please do book in advance in you can.
- Includes / Yoga, music, games, stories, meditation plus tea, coffee, biscuits for grown-ups.
- Booking / Spaces are limited so advance booking is essential.
- What to bring / Please dress your child in soft, comfy clothing. You may wish to bring healthy snacks for your child for the end of the class.
It is never to early to start a yoga practice and children benefit so much. Yoga helps with:
- Balance and coordination
- Understanding and following instruction
- Focus and concentration
- Physical and core strength
- Calming techniques
- Yogic values
The yoga class format is very simple and every week we will keep to the same structure, adding new elements as the children grow in confidence. Kids being kids there is always room for spontaneity, however, with such young children, having familiar patterns is key to learning new skills, so we will use the following as a blueprint:
10 am to 10.10am
- Dancing to wiggle the fidgets out
- Little ones help lay their mats out
10.10 to 10.45am
- Fun breathing exercises
- Singing and warm up
- Creative Yoga poses
- Games and/or story
- Relaxation with props, visual meditation and music
10.45 to 10.55
- Tea and snack time/ bubbles
There are sensory elements to keep it interesting including props, bubbles, music, partner yoga and group hugs! Sara will also introduce some Makaton signs to the children.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Sara Smyth is the “Mama” of Mama Love Yoga London and has made 3 of her own humans. As a qualified adult and children’s yoga teacher, Sara started teaching yoga to her little girls when they were babies and also runs a weekly class for preschoolers at a local nursery. She has a relaxed approach and her main aim is for the children to be happy and have fun, so there is lots of interaction, music, props and games.
All adults are invited to join in or to relax and watch with a cup of tea! There is a super cafe in the Picture House and we will provide hot drinks and biscuits for the grown-ups.
HOW TO BOOK
Class spaces are limited so please do book in advance to be sure of your spot.